Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wedding favorites

Below are pictures of some of my favorite wedding cakes. All of the cakes in the pictures have buttercream icing. Many brides like fondant because it gives a smooth appearance, but I've found buttercream can be worked with to create a mostly smooth finish also.


The wedding cake that started it all. Green ribbon around the base of each layer and real white and yellow roses between each layer.












This was quite possibly the most delicious wedding cake I have ever made. It was chocolate cake with fluffy peanut butter filling and chocolate buttercream icing. SOOOOO good! I highly recommend this combination!





















I loved the combination of elegance and playfulness in this cake. The icing was very elegant and graceful at first glance...and yet it was funfetti cake underneath!





















It's hard to tell in this picture, but each tier had a scattering of small tri-dots on the sides. The flowers were real orchids.
















A gorgeous five tiered creation. I love how the detailing stands out against the white.





No comments:

Post a Comment